About ABC Rental Centers
A look at ABC Rental over the past 45 years...
Owner Charlie Delk’s induction to the rental industry came at a time when he already was married with two young children, and had a corporate position working for an oil company, based in Donaldsonville, LA.
"A friend of mine who was a district manager like me went into the rental business," said Delk. "I respected this guy, and he went into an A to Z Rental franchise and that perked me up," he added. So Delk checked into the A to Z operation, decided that rental appealed to him and, in early 1968, quit his job and bit the rental bullet.
And then, according to Charlie, his fledgling business really got a shot in the arm from Hurricane Camille. "We opened in 1968, and Hurricane Camille hit in 1969. She is the strongest hurricane ever to hit the U.S. and we were there at the right time to be able to help people out." In 1971, U-Haul bought out the A to Z operation and Delk decided to sever his ties, renaming the business ABC Rental Centers.
Since then, ABC Rental Centers has gone through a lot of changes. We’ve opened new stores, remodeled old ones. Charlie passed the business down to his son, David in 2002. We weathered Hurricane Katrina and rebuilt our stores just in time to celebrate our 40-year anniversary in 2008.
In 2023 ABC Rental celebrated their 55th anniversary.
Through these changes, one thing has remained the same – our mission.
- We will provide quality, well-maintained equipment to the homeowner, construction industry, and party/wedding market.
- We will charge a fair price for our services and try to exceed our customer’s expectations of value.
- We will treat our customers in a friendly and respectful manner, as we like to be treated.
- We will provide a pleasant, cooperative work atmosphere for our employees and will compensate them fairly.
- We will handle our business in a Christian-like manner.
The Tapestry Award – Award of Excellence
In honor and celebration of outstanding achievement in business.